Use these resources to integrate the nature and process of science into your teaching at grades K-2.
Know your students
What are the abilities of students in kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grades, and how will this impact your teaching?
- Nature of the student in primary elementary
- Implications for instruction
- Implications for understanding the nature of science
- Tips for the teacher: General approaches for emphasizing what science is and how it works
- Sample starting activities: Suggestions for kicking off the school year right