Use these resources to integrate the nature and process of science into your teaching at grades 3-5.
Know your students
What are 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students’ abilities and how will this impact your teaching?
- Nature of the student in intermediate elementary
- Implications for instruction
- Implications for student learning about the nature and process of science
- Tips for the teacher: General approaches for emphasizing what science is and how it works
- Sample starting activities: Suggestions for kicking off the school year right
- Introducing the Science Flowchart
Integrating the nature and process of science
- Identifying your learning goals
- Modifying your current lessons
- Search for lessons
- Samples of a modified lesson
- Teaching tools: Visual/conceptual aids and strategies for using them