Use these resources to integrate the nature and process of science into your teaching at grades 6-8.
Know your students
What are 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students’ abilities and how will this impact your teaching?
- Nature of the middle school student
- Implications for instruction
- Implications for student learning about the nature and process of science
- Tips for the teacher: General approaches for emphasizing what science is and how it works
- Sample starting activities: Suggestions for kicking off the school year right
- Introducing the Science Flowchart