- Lederman, Norman and Judith
- Life Science
Time: One to two class periods
Drs. Lederman compare two methods of teaching about mitosis, emphasizing how to enhance a lesson by incorporating the nature of science.
- [What is science?: Grades 9-12] Scientific knowledge is open to question and revision as new ideas surface and new evidence is discovered. (P4, P6, NOS3)
- [What is science?: Grades 9-12] Scientific ideas cannot be absolutely proven.
- [How science works: Grades 9-12] The process of science involves observation, exploration, testing, communication, and application.
- [How science works: Grades 9-12] Scientists look for patterns in their observations and data. (P4, P5, NOS2)
- [How science works: Grades 9-12] Different scientists may interpret the same data in different ways. (P7)
There are no NGSS/DCI concepts currently linked to this resource.
This resource currently lacks an associated teaching background.