- AAAS Science NetLinks
- classroom activity
- Physical Sciences
- Space science
Time: Two 45-min class periods
Students perform simple experiments using UV detection beads to explore unseen energy produced by the sun.
- [What is science?: Grades 3-5] Scientists ask and address questions. (P1, P3, NOS4)
- [What is science?: Grades 3-5] Scientists base their ideas on evidence from the natural world. (P3)
- [What is science?: Grades 3-5] Scientific ideas may change with new evidence. (NOS3)
- [How science works: Grades 3-5] Scientists observe, explore, discover, and communicate with one another.
- [How science works: Grades 3-5] Scientific observations can be made directly with our own senses or may be made indirectly through the use of tools. (P3)
There are no NGSS/DCI concepts currently linked to this resource.
There are currently no teaching tips for this resource.
This resource currently lacks an associated teaching background.