- Janulaw, Sharon
- classroom activity
- Earth science
Time: 30 minutes
Learners will observe and sort samples of rocks and minerals to compare and contrast their physical properties. They will record their observations in Science Notebooks.
- [What is science?: Grades K-2] Scientists ask and address questions. (P1, P3, NOS4)
- [What is science?: Grades K-2] Scientists base their ideas on evidence from the natural world. (P3)
- [How science works: Grades K-2] Scientists observe, explore, discover, and communicate with one another.
- [How science works: Grades K-2] Scientific observations can be made directly with our own senses or may be made indirectly through the use of tools. (P3)
- [The social side of science: Grades K-2] Scientists share their ideas with each other. (P7, P8)
- NOS Matrix understanding category 4. Scientific models, laws, mechanisms, and theories explain natural phenomena.
- Science and Engineering Practice 1. Asking questions and defining problems
- Science and Engineering Practice 7. Engaging in argument from evidence
- Science and Engineering Practice 8. Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
There are currently no teaching tips for this resource.