- UC Museum of Paleontology
- Science Story
- Life Science
Time: 5 minutes
This Science Short illustrates the revision of scientific ideas in the context of research about fossil insects. Get tips on using Science Stories in class.
- [What is science?: Grades 9-12] Scientific knowledge is open to question and revision as new ideas surface and new evidence is discovered. (P4, P6, NOS3)
- [What is science?: Grades 13-16] Scientific knowledge is open to question and revision as new ideas surface and new evidence is discovered.
- NOS Matrix understanding category 3. Scientific knowledge is open to revision in light of new evidence.
- Science and Engineering Practice 4. Analyzing and interpreting data
- Science and Engineering Practice 6. Constructing explanations and designing solutions
Use multiple Science Shorts from different disciplines to illustrate how the same aspects of the nature and process of science play out in different research studies.