To rate this resource, click a star:
Students make observations, examine data, and form hypotheses about a set of footprints and what they can tell us.
Nature and Process of Science
Two 40-minute periods
Correspondence to the Next Generation Science Standards is indicated in parentheses after each relevant concept. See our conceptual framework for details.
- Scientists base their ideas on evidence from the natural world. (P3)
- Scientific ideas may change with new evidence. (NOS3)
- Scientists look for patterns in what they observe. (P2, P4, P5, NOS2)
- Scientists don't always agree with one another. (P7)
- Scientists explain their ideas and evidence to one another. (P7, P8)
- Scientists work together.
- Problem-solving and decision-making benefit from a scientific approach.