Learners will observe and sort samples of rocks and minerals to compare and contrast their physical properties. They will record their observations in Science Notebooks.
Correspondence to the Next Generation Science Standards is indicated in parentheses after each relevant concept. See our conceptual framework for details.
- Scientists ask and address questions. (P1, P3, NOS4)
- Scientists base their ideas on evidence from the natural world. (P3)
- Scientists observe, explore, discover, and communicate with one another.
- Scientific observations can be made directly with our own senses or may be made indirectly through the use of tools. (P3)
- Scientists share their ideas with each other. (P7, P8)