Learners will observe and record what happens when they manipulate bottles containing one liquid and an object. They will compare bottles that have an object and different liquids. They will observe and record what happens when they manipulate bottles containing one liquid and more than one object.
Correspondence to the Next Generation Science Standards is indicated in parentheses after each relevant concept. See our conceptual framework for details.
- Scientists ask and address questions. (P1, P3, NOS4)
- Scientists base their ideas on evidence from the natural world. (P3)
- Scientific ideas may change based on what we observe and experience. (NOS3)
- Scientists observe, explore, discover, and communicate with one another.
- Scientific observations can be made directly with our own senses or may be made indirectly through the use of tools. (P3)
- Scientists don't always agree with one another. (P7)
- Scientists share their ideas with each other. (P7, P8)
- Scientists work together.