Students will conduct a series of experiments to explore the processes and effects of weathering and erosion.
4-6 class periods
Correspondence to the Next Generation Science Standards is indicated in parentheses after each relevant concept. See our conceptual framework for details.
- Science is both a body of knowledge and the process for building that knowledge. (NOS5)
- Scientists ask and address questions. (P1, P3, NOS4)
- Scientists base their ideas on evidence from the natural world. (P3)
- Answering one question often leads to other questions. (P1)
- Hypotheses and theories
- Scientists observe, explore, discover, and communicate with one another.
- Scientific observations can be made directly with our own senses or may be made indirectly through the use of tools. (P3)
- Scientists don't always agree with one another. (P7)
- Scientists explain their ideas and evidence to one another. (P7, P8)
- Scientists work together.