Students perform simple experiments using UV detection beads to explore unseen energy produced by the sun.
AAAS Science NetLinks
Physical Sciences, Space science
Two 45 minute periods
Correspondence to the Next Generation Science Standards is indicated in parentheses after each relevant concept. See our conceptual framework for details.
- Scientists ask and address questions. (P1, P3, NOS4)
- Scientists base their ideas on evidence from the natural world. (P3)
- Scientific ideas may change with new evidence. (NOS3)
- Scientists observe, explore, discover, and communicate with one another.
- Scientific observations can be made directly with our own senses or may be made indirectly through the use of tools. (P3)